Tacx Vortex Smart Trainer - LED lights

Moderator: nzuraw

ClausNielsen
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Hi All

I have noticed that my trainer is flashing red/green and i cant see in "Vortex Smart Trainer LED Lights and Error Codes" list on tacx's website that combination. Anyone knows what it means and what to do about it?

I have been having troubles the last 2-3 weeks that when i free ride or ride in groups in Zwift, then it is super easy going uphill, but i struggle to get the watt up and i therefore get dropped on the hills and then it is super hard pushing downhill without the watt going up! Have tried loads with Zwift settings and updated the trainer to the latest firmware and calibrated it etc, but nothing works......anyone able to help?
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Just the fact that RED is flashing then indicates there is malfunction (you have both flashing) and error codes website states to contact support via the link in error codes site.. have you contacted them..
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
ClausNielsen
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Yeah i have contacted then today, but of course its weekend so wont hear anything back till next week. So wanted to see if there is anything to do before :cry:
rider1551
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi there,

I came across your post about the flashing red / green light and the issues with power going up / downhill..... I'm having exactly the same problem - on Zwift going uphill is easy, downhill unable to get any wattage, and on Sufferfest impossible to get higher that 200w - it just spins out after that...

Did you get any resolution?

Cheers