Tacx Antares
Windows 10, Android, Garmin Fenix 5, Garmin Edge 520 Plus
Scott Speedster S30 2011 Road Bike
Scott Scale 30 26" MTB
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Sounds like a good way to break something to me.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
audunth
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

Haha, exactly! Just wondered if anyone has any tricks 🙂
Regards,
Audun

----------------------------------

Oslo, Norway
Tacx Neo 2T
Tacx Antares
Scott Scale 30 26" MTB
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Tried moving it with bike on just to one side for cleaning...why would contemplated any more than that... heavy unwieldy and broken back no more cycling are the words that come to mind
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
audunth
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I'm kinda finding ways to hold it up with one hand and flipping up one side with the other hand without the bike falling over, and then doing the opposite side.

I must say, though, I'm very disappointed with the brain-dead design that it can't easily be flipped up for easy storing the bike on the trainer up against a wall when not using it. Before I got it, I just took that for granted, since the wings do flip up. How this isn't mentioned as a negative in any of the many detailed reviews of the Neo 2T that can be found online is beyond me!
Regards,
Audun

Oslo, Norway
Tacx Neo 2T
Tacx Antares
Scott Scale 30 26" MTB
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

audunth wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:14 pm I'm kinda finding ways to hold it up with one hand and flipping up one side with the other hand without the bike falling over, and then doing the opposite side.

I must say, though, I'm very disappointed with the brain-dead design that it can't easily be flipped up for easy storing the bike on the trainer up against a wall when not using it. Before I got it, I just took that for granted, since the wings do flip up. How this isn't mentioned as a negative in any of the many detailed reviews of the Neo 2T that can be found online is beyond me!
Not sure how easy your desired solution would be. I also have a Flux2 Smart trainer in addition to a Neo2T. I actually like the Flux better as it is non-folding and a bit more stable and rigid. The Neo rocks a bit. My preference would be a Neo2T with a Flux2 type base. But I don't have to worry about storing it between uses.
Michael Corn
audunth
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

C'mon I'm sure the engineers at Tacx smart enough to make such an advanced trainer could have figured that bit out easily! Off the top of my head; a small fold-down leg underneath, and a single button or handle on each wing to unlock the joints would have made it way easier.

Some wheels underneath also (retractable of course), and a handle on top would make it much easier to move around (the non existing handle is mentioned in almost every review as a minus).

Anyway, an awsome trainer, and I do prefer that it moves a little bit from side to side (one of the reasons I chose it over the Kickr), but I see how that can suck a little when on a tandem!

I'll probably find something to put underneath as a support to make it easier to fold up the wings, no worries 🙂
Regards,
Audun

Oslo, Norway
Tacx Neo 2T
Tacx Antares
Scott Scale 30 26" MTB
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

audunth wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:46 am
Anyway, an awsome trainer, and I do prefer that it moves a little bit from side to side (one of the reasons I chose it over the Kickr), but I see how that can suck a little when on a tandem! 🙂
You are absolutely correct about the tandem. Because the tandem is much longer, a small amount of movement in the rear is greatly magnified at the front. I ended up making a homemade fork stand to steady the front. Using only a wheel chock was not enough:
Neo2T Fork Stand.JPG
Neo2T Fork Stand.JPG (112.64 KiB) Viewed 4745 times
Michael Corn
audunth
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Looks good! And you could probably mount other cool stuff on that table, too, like a phone/tablet stand, bottle holders, towel rack etc. 🙂
Regards,
Audun

Oslo, Norway
Tacx Neo 2T
Tacx Antares
Scott Scale 30 26" MTB