T1932 Fortuis connection problem

Moderator: nzuraw

Howard1961
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

A friend has given me an old T1932 Tacx Fortius trainer. This is a few years old and still uses a physical USB cable to connect to the laptop. It was used as a demo unit in a bike shop years ago and has been gathering dust in a shed. When I try and install the software on my laptop ( running windows 10 ) there are two problems:

1. First it doesn't accept the validation code - my guess is this is because it was installed in the shop and never uninstalled. Not sure if you actually need a validation code to use it as a basic trainer.
2. When I try and run the tacx software (4.3) it opens if the VR unit is not plugged in. But if I plug the VR unit in via the USB cable then the software shuts down immediately.

I would like to try and get the trainer working, so I can use it as an independent trainer ( currently planning to buy a Tacx Flux 2 when they are back in the shops )

The controller unit is connected to my laptop using a USB cable and the orange light it lite up on the head unit.

Any ideas ?
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Without a copy of the the license file from the shop where TTS is installed, you will not be able to get TTS running outlined on Lunicus TTS page. Your other option is to use the trainer with the original Fortius software as outlined here.
Howard1961
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks, do you think it is worth trying to contact Tacx. Sadly the shop closed (end of lease) and the laptop which it was installed on is long gone - but this is a legitimate copy and I have the activation code.

At this point I really just want to get the turbo working ( as it will be a while before I can buy a new one ). At the moment the software will open but as soon as I plug in the USB cable it crashes the software. But the very first time I tried to set it up it let me do the Brake test - but it only worked that one time.

Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Howard1961 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:31 pm Thanks, do you think it is worth trying to contact Tacx. Sadly the shop closed (end of lease) and the laptop which it was installed on is long gone - but this is a legitimate copy and I have the activation code.

At this point I really just want to get the turbo working ( as it will be a while before I can buy a new one ). At the moment the software will open but as soon as I plug in the USB cable it crashes the software. But the very first time I tried to set it up it let me do the Brake test - but it only worked that one time.

Thanks
There is a lot of discussion of this on this forum. The software is now an unsupported legacy product. The Tacx servers that are used to validate and register the software are no longer working, so contacting Garmin/Tacx is probably a waste of time as many others have tried. Here is one thread on the subject:

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=243

As the other link provided above indicates, you can use the old Fortius software, which is in the public domain, but you must have a 32-bit operating system. 32-bit Windows 10 does work, but not many people have that. You can also install a virtual OS as described in the link.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Howard1961
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you. I will reach out to a couple of friend who are more computer literate than I am for help.
Langsett
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi, I have an IMagic with T1932 Fortius head unit which I haven't used for some years

I loaded the FortiusAnt software so built the trainer again but it says no trainer found

I cant find a diagram for the 1932 but presume there should be a light showing connection to the motor which despite changing the connection lead , there is no connecting light

Please can anyone suggest how I can tell if the brake unit is "live", what the lights on the head unit are and what the DIN socket on the back of the head unit is??

Thanks in anticipation
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Langsett wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:56 pm Hi, I have an IMagic with T1932 Fortius head unit which I haven't used for some years

I loaded the FortiusAnt software so built the trainer again but it says no trainer found

I cant find a diagram for the 1932 but presume there should be a light showing connection to the motor which despite changing the connection lead , there is no connecting light

Please can anyone suggest how I can tell if the brake unit is "live", what the lights on the head unit are and what the DIN socket on the back of the head unit is??

Thanks in anticipation
I am working mostly from memory, so I may not have everything correct.

First, the Din connector is for a steering unit, so do not worry about that.

There are 3 LED's on the T1932. There is a red one on the right side of the T1932 that flashes when you have an analog heart rate monitor working. There is a solid yellow one at the top that indicates the head unit is receiving power. It should come on when the USB cable is plugged into the PC. And there is a green one below the yellow one that comes on indicating a data connection to the PC (I think it flashes).

I assume you have the 6 conductor ribbon cable between the brake and headset connected. It looks like a telephone cable, except it is specially wired, so be sure you have a Tacx cable.

If you are not getting a solid yellow light when you connect a USB cable between the PC and the T1932 , there is something wrong. No brake needs to be connected for this simple test. The problem could be the T1932, the USB cable or the PC. This should come on regardless.

I am not 100% sure how the T1932 will work with the Imagic when you are not using Tacx software. I think it works fine with TTS or the older Fortius software, but not sure about the Fortiusant hookup as the Imagic brake drivers would not be the same as the Fortius brake.

Good luck.
Michael Corn
Langsett
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks Michael , I'll put the green head unit back on and make sure I have a Tacx cable Fingers crossed Thanks again
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Langsett wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 pm Thanks Michael , I'll put the green head unit back on and make sure I have a Tacx cable Fingers crossed Thanks again
You should be aware that the older green Imagic head unit will only work on a 32-bit operating system.
Michael Corn