Tacx Neo 2T problems!

Moderator: nzuraw

ads
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi. New to the forum and registering to find out some info regards the Neo 2T. I got my trainer a month ago and within the first 100km noticed a kind of light vibration through the pedals all the time. Almost like road feel was on light gravel even though it’s been turned off. Now I’ve been in touch with garmin and they’re happy to do an exchange but I’m just checking in to make sure mine is faulty as an isolated issue. Pretty sure I’ve read other people having similar issues and describing it as a ‘feature’ of the trainer but to me that isn’t right at all. Here’s some links to the videos I sent to garmin support so you can see what I mean. I’m pretty annoyed with all this considering how much the trainer cost and how long I’ll be without it whilst waiting for the exchange. The second video shows that the cog that the freehub slots into isn’t quite aligned either.

https://youtu.be/6uVhx9KttIs
https://youtu.be/bEX42XRKOSI

By the way I bought this through a website called Bikester.co.uk. Avoid these guys like the plague. On mentioning the problems to them and requesting to send back for a refund, they’ve been ignoring my emails. Absolute assholes!
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

While we have a pair of the original v 1.0 Neo's, I have read of owners with similar feedback across all versions of the Neo, in fact my first Neo had a rumbling noise issue was replaced under warranty. If nobody here has any suggestions, I would suggest stopping by the Tacx Neo Owners Group on Facebook.
ads
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks for your reply. I’ll check that group out, thanks for the link. So did your replacement unit not have the rumbling noise problem? The noise I can live with but the feel through the pedals is a bit lame to me...
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I have had a Neo2T for a bit over a year and use it almost daily. Have not had any problem. The only time I feel anything in the pedals is when I have "Road feel intensity" turned on in TDA Training Settings and I am on a rough surface when riding a video that has been programmed for this effect.

So, it looks like there is something wrong, although I could not tell much from the videos. It might be a bad bearing.

I have owned almost every Tacx trainer and the Neo2T is far above the others in quality and performance, at least so far. We have a tandem hooked up to the Neo2T and my wife and I ride together.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
ads
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 am I have had a Neo2T for a bit over a year and use it almost daily. Have not had any problem. The only time I feel anything in the pedals is when I have "Road feel intensity" turned on in TDA Training Settings and I am on a rough surface when riding a video that has been programmed for this effect.

So, it looks like there is something wrong, although I could not tell much from the videos. It might be a bad bearing.

I have owned almost every Tacx trainer and the Neo2T is far above the others in quality and performance, at least so far. We have a tandem hooked up to the Neo2T and my wife and I ride together.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I agree, it does feel like a bearing could be going bad. It’s much more noticeable at higher watts and therefore on the smaller rings of the cassette. I tried a brand new chain too and it made no difference. I am getting no replies at all from the place I bought it so looks like the only option I have is for garmin to collect and replace. At least they’re standing by their warrantee. There are a few reports of this on the Facebook page though so doesn’t seem such an isolated issue unfortunately
ads
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

It’s going back for a refund. I’m going wahoo instead. Wish me luck! Cheers for all the help anyway guys. Much appreciated :)