New Tacx Neo 2T Smart issues

Moderator: nzuraw

Dawayless
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Hello All,
Just purchased a new Tacx Neo 2T smart and had a question.
I setup my bike and when I start to pedal, in the first few turns, it feels like the drive chain jerks and very difficult to pedal. My software is updated.
Is this normal? Is there something I need to do?

Thank you for the support
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Dawayless wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:02 am Hello All,
Just purchased a new Tacx Neo 2T smart and had a question.
I setup my bike and when I start to pedal, in the first few turns, it feels like the drive chain jerks and very difficult to pedal. My software is updated.
Is this normal? Is there something I need to do?

Thank you for the support
I've had a Neo2T for well over a year and have never experienced anything like that, so that is not normal. I've owned almost everything Tacx trainer, it has been by far the smoothest and most reliable. So, I would look carefully to be sure the cassette is property installed and there is not some kind of binding. Otherwise, i think you need to contact Garmin/Tacx support. You can either go to the dealer where you purchased the trainer or to Garmin/Tacx online support.

Before you do, be sure you have read all online information on the Neo2t:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?produ ... tab=topics
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Dawayless
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

Dawayless wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:02 amI setup my bike and when I start to pedal, in the first few turns, it feels like the drive chain jerks and very difficult to pedal.
Is the chain jumping/skipping as you pedal? Keep in mind it is very rare for the cassette spacing of the Neo to be a dead on match with the rear spacing of your bicycle wheel, so it may simply be that your rear derailleur needs to be trimmed for the cassette spacing of the trainer.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I should have mentioned this, but if he is mixing an old chain with new cassette or vice versa, that can cause skipping and jumping if either one of them is worn. It is always preferable to have both new.

But skipping usually does not make pedaling more difficult, although it can seem that way if the skipping is severe.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA