Unable to get any response from TACX

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Alex Masalovich wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am
hb99 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:39 pm Thanks for that - I now have the Program Data file, but this has been created by the reinstall and is dated last week. All the Run folders are empty as I have done no rides since the install. Is it possible this data is not kept in a save point?
Finally, make an effort on yourself and look at these folders:

C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Catalyst\Runs
C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Ergo\Runs
C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLT\Runs
C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\RLV\Runs
C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\Tests\Runs
C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Trainings\VR\Runs

The fastest access to this folders: copy here the path to it and paste it in the address bar of Explorer or browser.

Your previous profile is here:
C:\Windows.old\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\TTS4\Settings\players.tts
You need to look at the folders Alex has listed above - the data will be there if you have a Windows.old folder. If you are nervous about digging around, send me a PM and I can remote access your computer if you like (using Anydesk software).
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

It seems that if he had his old Windows Program Data files were present, he should have had his license files as well.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
hb99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: New Zealand

Thanks Michael - gone is my conclusion! The licence file was validated when I installed TTS4 from the save point files.
FYI the laptop has always been Windows 10.
I will back it all up rather than relying on a save point.

Alex/nzuraw - I had previously advised that there is no Windows.old/Program Data folder that I can find. I checked the folder sizes and file counts for Windows.old and the same numbers appear for the sole Users folder under that, which to me is further evidence that the Program Data folder has not been copied under this. I have checked all the sub folders under User and there is App Data with the TTS4 Download and WebInstaller folders but no other TACX folder. I have accounted for the 10.2Gb in the Users folder. Using the run command I tried %Windows.old/ProgramData% but this can't find anything either. My tech skills have gone from 0/10 to at least 1/10. What is so frustrating is that I had some very basic queries at the outset and Tacx were great at resolving them, including importing GPS files of some of my own rides. I do appreciate the patience of people on the forum in their absence.

Any other suggestions are welcome!
hb99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Further update on information from Tacx following a query from me on the information they held.

Tacx hold licence codes for TTS and Google on a server. They plan to remove these licence codes on 1st March. They were not prepared to provide any information on whether this would have any impact on my reinstalled TTS4. The fact that I had to go through re-registering with my TTS4 licence code, which appeared to be "online" during my reinstall, suggests to me that this would no longer be possible if the need to reinstall arose again.

They provided this more detailed explanation as to why they have stopped supporting TTS4. GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulations which recently became mandatory across the EU.
We have stopped supporting the TTS4 because in the Netherlands( where we are located) there is a new privacy law. This law protects the customers you may have hear of de GDPR rule. Our servers were created about 12 years ago we have started with version 1 until now version 4. These servers didn't match with the new law.
Therefore we could have got a case against us if we still helped customers with these servers.
So we were forced to stop supporting this software.
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

hb99 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:46 pmOur servers were created about 12 years ago we have started with version 1 until now version 4. These servers didn't match with the new law.
Now I really have to ask what about the 'servers' didn't match the new laws? Was Tacx running outdated and/or un-patched servers for which it was easier to power off and unplug than to audit and patch existing servers! Well more likely they did not want to have to re-write server code or add a web portal in order to meet possible GDPR user data requests from some user who had TTS 1 and decides he or she wants to know how Tacx used the collected personal data from 12-years ago.
wilf
First Bike with trainer wheels
USER_FLAG: Germany

The GDPR is always used as a "homicide argument".

However, I do not know what information Tacx has collected and saved there. In addition to personal data from the previous shop, result data may also have been collected. These are very sensitive medical data in sports and are particularly worthy of protection by law.

Unfortunately, the old shop is also offline, according to my reminder, the purchases from RLV said "unlimited use".

Anyway, we won't see the servers again. RIP
So take care of your setups.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

My initial understanding was the GDPR problems mostly related to the TTS videos. You will note that TDA videos now have faces, license plates, and other personal identifiers blurred. There is no way for Tacx to recall TTS videos and correct this other than not support the software any longer, but when there is a problem with a TDA video they have a way to fix that. Not sure what issues exist with the TTS servers under GPDR, but that does not mean there are none. I just don't know the specifics.

Third-party suppliers of TTS compatible videos may also have similar GPDR compliance problems as well. I cannot recall seeing any blurring on videos from third-party suppliers although there may be blurring in some of them.

The US does not have a country-wide GDPR regulation yet, but a number of states do. The US is not as much of a potential issue as Europe because there are not very many videos made in the US.
Michael Corn
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

Mike the main ‘perceived’ litigation threat to Garmin & Tacx is the US with its high number of cycling lawyers (like you ;-) ) & it’s why there are actually no US films at all now & why none of those pulled from California were returned.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

GDPR came into effect May2018... how does it apply to film made before that date.. as is the case with majority of Tacx RLV's
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

BerthaVision wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:53 am Mike the main ‘perceived’ litigation threat to Garmin & Tacx is the US with its high number of cycling lawyers (like you ;-) ) & it’s why there are actually no US films at all now & why none of those pulled from California were returned.
Interesting, wondered why they disappeared. Hopefully no others from any other regions will suffer the same fate!
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
wilf
USER_FLAG: Germany

Malfukt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:34 am GDPR came into effect May2018... how does it apply to film made before that date.. as is the case with majority of Tacx RLV's
The right to one's own image (even in video) is not the problem of the GDPR. This is regulated in another regulation. I find it funny in this context YOUTUBE and Co. - no blurring of faces or license plates.

It is the personal data that is stored and possibly passed on or sold without our knowledge.
Our health insurers or life insurers are certainly very interested in health data (weight, circulation, fitness, etc.). Our address details are interesting for all advertisers. Google and Co. will delight us with advertising for everything that enriches our hobby.
Since the servers were just set up before the GDPR and nobody thought that we could get a right to information, it has certainly not been properly documented where which data is located. Any auditor would be happy.
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike

nzuraw wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:40 am
BerthaVision wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:53 am Mike the main ‘perceived’ litigation threat to Garmin & Tacx is the US with its high number of cycling lawyers (like you ;-) ) & it’s why there are actually no US films at all now & why none of those pulled from California were returned.
Interesting, wondered why they disappeared. Hopefully no others from any other regions will suffer the same fate!
I know Tacx want films outside the EU again, obviously the US is outside that until Im sure its watertight. But I would like some rides in the other various cycling hotspots like Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia & of course Capetown again.  I cant see any rides from the EU being pulled. Germany is a bit sketchy with Streetview being banned there but really our market is incredibly small..we have rides that nobody almost ever rides at all.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia & of course Capetown
So does this mean the next version of Bertha will fold up into a very small bag :shock: :lol: :lol:
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike

Malfukt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:23 pm
Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia & of course Capetown
So does this mean the next version of Bertha will fold up into a very small bag :shock: :lol: :lol:
We would most likely send a filming kit out to trusted guys to get their roads for us, Fedex the gear back a week later. The only location I really liked was Capetown, would go back there although it sounds like its a bit less safe then it was a decade ago.
hb99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Some interesting feedback.
I had asked Tacx for the information they held under my GDPR rights. They did not provide the details of the registration details I had provided - only that the files will be removed. I suspect that my User Profile details would be under that registration and that contains more personal details but they did not refer to that.
For info, the other categories that the hold information are my email exchanges with them, and details held in the cloud, which I haven't used.
The cloud would potentially hold much more information such as heart rates, power output, etc.
Big brother is always watching! :shock:
hb99
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I have found one further problem with my reinstall of TTS4.
I have GPS files that I upload to TTS4 and ride. I managed to activate the Google licence again - the code was on the same server as the Tacx licence code.
However, the files no longer appear to link to Google maps so you can't follow the routes on a map view. Selecting the Route option gives the message "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." The same applies to the Tour de France 2008 TT ride that they provided, which is a shame as it was a great workout. It appears a link to Google maps has been lost or removed as when you start a GPS ride initialisation takes a long time and I then get a "Web page not found" message.
Has anyone else had issues using GPS rides or is this related to the reinstall?
Thanks in anticipation
Howard
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Howard-

I have no tried the GPS function in TTS lately, but my understanding is that Tacx had to purchase some kind of license to use Google Maps in this way and that arrangement with Google has now ended. As a result, the function is no longer available in TTS.
Michael Corn
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike

hb99 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:33 am I have found one further problem with my reinstall of TTS4.
I have GPS files that I upload to TTS4 and ride. I managed to activate the Google licence again - the code was on the same server as the Tacx licence code.
However, the files no longer appear to link to Google maps so you can't follow the routes on a map view. Selecting the Route option gives the message "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." The same applies to the Tour de France 2008 TT ride that they provided, which is a shame as it was a great workout. It appears a link to Google maps has been lost or removed as when you start a GPS ride initialisation takes a long time and I then get a "Web page not found" message.
Has anyone else had issues using GPS rides or is this related to the reinstall?
Thanks in anticipation
Howard
It could be the use of the name Tour de France, they have gone a bit paranoid with it all, but in this day & age & being a US company in a world where they litigate for anything & everything.. For the maps Mike has answered that one, Tacx does not pay the massive licence fee demanded by Google anymore..now it pays a massive fee thats probably less to Microsoft for its 3d maps which for a map I think is nicer then Google Earths view...although they lose streetview.
nachonu
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Someone can re-share the .zip file, which is shared on the first page of the post, is not available at the moment and I cannot test the correct installation of tts4.

I have tried to download it 4 times and it tells me that it is not available at all.

Thank you
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

nachonu wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:57 am Someone can re-share the .zip file, which is shared on the first page of the post, is not available at the moment and I cannot test the correct installation of tts4.

I have tried to download it 4 times and it tells me that it is not available at all.

Thank you

this still works at the moment, it is a 5gb file

http://tacxdata.com/TTS/TTS42300.zip
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
nachonu
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

ATTACHMENTS
tts4.zip
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

I was referring to this attached file, which I download and says that it does not exist, that is if it says that it has been downloaded more and more times

thanks
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

The zip file Malcom linked is the full installer for the last/latest version of TTS. I seem to recall that the TTS4.zip download was either v4.08 or v4.16.