Comparing TDA and TTS

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

ATENEA
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
Location: In the mountains @ 5,000' when not by the sea in Mallorca or France
USER_FLAG: Spain

I have been using TDA for two months; previously I used TTS (since 2012, with a "non-smart" Genius).
I have switched to a NEO 2T and use both TDA and TTS with it.
With the NEO, I typically use a desktop PC with a 30+ inch screen; this is in the winter, at 5,000' altitude; too much snow to go on the road!
In spring and autumn, I am in a different location and use a Bushido with a portable PC (15" screen); that is when the weather is too bad to ride outside.
I typically ride 3,000 - 4,000 miles per year (inside and outside).

This is how I compare TDA and TTS (4.23.1)

TDA connections are stabler; with TTS I still experience the occasional "spikes and troughs" with heart rate;
The videos seem to run smoother with TDA than with TTS, but only marginally so;
The picture quality of TDA videos (720p) is not significantly superior to that of TDA;
The "widgets" and other information sources on the TDA screen are better than what TTS offers, but I could live without them (well, now that I am used to them, I wonder);
My collection of videos for TTS has many "rides" that are not yet available on TDA; the inverse is true, also;

In addition, I wonder what the "value" of 1080p videos is with TDA: after 15' I am sweating and clouding my glasses so much that I personally would not gain much from the higher definition.

So that's my 2-cents worth; any experiences other members of the forum would like to share?
Tacx Genius (non-smart), Tacx Bushido, Tacx Neo 2T
Garmin Edge 1000, Garmin Fenix 6S Pro
Windows 10
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

In addition, I wonder what the "value" of 1080p videos is with TDA: after 15' I am sweating and clouding my glasses so much that I personally would not gain much from the higher definition.
Ditto, on a small screen and a face full of sweat 720p is sufficient, so TDA on 15" laptop or TTA on 12" tablet it is not such a degrading loss of enjoyment of using on small screen as some would have you believe , but as mainly use TDA via PC on large screen 1080p even with sweat is a bonus, I would only consider 4k a must have If I was using projector or that new 75" 4K TV was looking at couple of days ago :shock: :lol: :lol:
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
kostya416
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Malfukt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:06 pmDitto, on a small screen and a face full of sweat 720p is sufficient, so TDA on 15" laptop or TTA on 12" tablet
720p looks fine on small screen. I am not however sure what's the point of nice scenery unless it covers your field of view. On small screen I might as well stare at the wall and count sheep.
BerthaVision
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: Belgium

The mobile Apps are now also on a mobile Phone so I guess a 3" Display not 15", no idea on the numbers using these, I cant imagine how anyone can use one either but I guess if you were planning to do some climb it would be better still then getting all stressed out while counting the wifes shoe boxes haha
Cycling2011
14" Bike
14" Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

My I pad(TTA)is close to me on the Tacx bracket.The rides play smooth with a good picture quality so i use TTA for shorter quick set up rides.For longer rides i use TDA (PC)on a large screen that is much farther away than the Tacx bracket.I just like variety to my training by using the different Apps.TDA,TTA,TTS4 and Sufferfest DVDs using TTA slope mode.Outdoors is always good for me if weather permits ;)
David Rowden.
Hull,United Kingdom.