TDA lost workout

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Ian Oliver
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I did a RLV workout (Amsterdam City) and about 3/4 of the way through I lost internet. Film was downloaded so only issue is that I lost satellite view so no real problem. At the end I clicked to save it as usual and all seemed OK ...except it's nowhere to be found. Shouldn't it still save the workout locally so lack of internet shouldn't affect it?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Ian Oliver wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:10 pm I did a RLV workout (Amsterdam City) and about 3/4 of the way through I lost internet. Film was downloaded so only issue is that I lost satellite view so no real problem. At the end I clicked to save it as usual and all seemed OK ...except it's nowhere to be found. Shouldn't it still save the workout locally so lack of internet shouldn't affect it?
In a very high percentage of cases, workouts are not lost when something goes wrong. In the years I have been testing TDA, I have lost 1 or 2 ride results when something weird happened, such as a program crash or a computer crash, but this usually does not happen. (I lost far more workouts with TTS.) Sometimes what seems to be a lost ride will reappear, so just open your cloud page. But if it is not there yet, it likely will never be.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Ian Oliver
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks. I actually never had a problem w/ TTS loosing a ride that I can remember other than when I'd forget to give it a name (stupid 'feature'). In TDA the dashboard on my computer is always one ride behind unless I do something to cause it to refresh but I feed all my rides to Strava so mostly use that for analysis type stuff.

Thursday's ride never showed up locally or on cloud or in Strava. :-(
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Ian Oliver wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:31 pm Thanks. I actually never had a problem w/ TTS loosing a ride that I can remember other than when I'd forget to give it a name (stupid 'feature'). In TDA the dashboard on my computer is always one ride behind unless I do something to cause it to refresh but I feed all my rides to Strava so mostly use that for analysis type stuff.

Thursday's ride never showed up locally or on cloud or in Strava. :-(
It is gone. Looks like you won't be selected to ride in this year's TDF. Wait, I think it has been canceled.

You experience with TTS was a lot better than mine. I had quite a few instances where TTS would freeze or crash and when that happened, the ride was lost. But on the good side of things, it really did not matter to me. I ended up deleting old rides because TTS would get to the point where it would not start when there were too many saved rides.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Ian Oliver
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I found a version of TTS that was relatively stable and stuck with it. I believe it was 3.34 or something. I tried many newer releases of 3 and 4 but they all had too many issues. I only did maybe 30-40 rides per year so I'd guess I didn't have more than maybe 200 saved. It probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to delete some of them.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

At end of your TDA ride after 3 to 4 seconds usually there should have been a popup at bottom of screen stating "your ride has been uploaded to cloud"

The ride does save locally untill this happens so in event of upload issue the next time you open TDA and there is no connection isdue it should upload.

That is the way it is supposed to work :roll:
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
Ian Oliver
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks. IIRC that pop up gave me an error message due to internet being down. I did look around a bit for a file but didn't find anything. I may look some more. Proper coding would have the files kept for some period of time, ideally user configured, not delete the file at the end regardless of any error conditions.