Tacx Bushido

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Griffter18
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Help, Had a couple of years off the bike due to work and personal reasons and have recently managed to find space to set up my Bushido.
I spent quite a lot on this including several RLVs but as with most things progress is sometimes a backwards step and the product is no longer supported which is how I found this group. :thumbsup:

So the old unit is still working but Im wondering can the bushido be connected to the latest software thats available. If so would would I need to do.

Not looking for anything special just the ability to do some basic power training.
Bike is fitted with a seperate power meter and I still have the ANT+ usb stick.
IT Plantform is IOS (Mackbook or iMac)

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

You must have a T2780 Bushido Smart to work with the newer Tacx software apps. (Tacx smart trainers are dual bluetooth/ANT+.) I don't believe that Tacx ever sold an electronic kit to upgrade the older Bushido, and if they did, it probably is hard to find and very expensive. So, I think the only Tacx software that can be used is Tacx Training Software 4 (TTS4), which runs only on Windows and is an unsupported legacy product. If you don't already have TTS4 installed, registered, and working on a Windows PC, there is no way to do that due to the unsupported legacy status of TTS4.

Not sure if there are any third-party software programs that work with the older Bushido. I think most all of them require a smart trainer as well.

Probably the most economic way to do this is to buy something like a Tacx Flow Smart. If you shop around, you can get it for a pretty reasonable price (assuming you can find one in stock). The Flow Smart does not produce the resistance of a Bushido, but for regular riders who want to have something for indoors that provides a workout, it is pretty good. It is very quiet and smooth as well. Here is an independent review, where he says:

"And ultimately it’s perfectly fine for the money. In fact, it’s incredible value for the money."

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/04/tac ... eview.html

The Flow Smart works with all the current Tacx software and many third-party programs. There is a Mac version of the Tacx Desktop App.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Griffter18
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Thanks Mcorn.
Well thats a bit naff.
I do have a registered version of TSS4 along with all the RLVs but they are on a hard drive inside an iMac.
Problem is the iMac is located in an area thats not possible to set the bike up anywhere near and was hoping to either use the new software on a MacBook without the need for a Windows install
Chances are that others have been in the same situation so is it possible to transfer the data & programme to a seperate external drive?
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

The Tacx Cycling App for Android works with the legacy Bushido. As for TTS on an iMac, since you are running some kind of Windows emulator, why not use another PC/laptop and setup a virtual PC and clone the TTS instance to the virtual PC?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I was not aware that the Tacx Cycling App would work with a non-Smart Bushido. But keep in mind that the cycling app is now a legacy (unsupported) product as well. My impression is the Cycling App had mixed reviews although there are no doubt some users who like it, so it can certainly be tried.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=M ... Yo6A4IlWz6
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA