Multiple users desktop

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

bobetski
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered but cannot find in search.

I have a desktop subscription with Tacx genius smart. I ride many times a week and save to strava.

My wife rides one or two times max a week and would like to save the ride to Her Strava account,

She does not ride enough to warrant separate desktop account and would not be too sure how that works anyway on a laptop,

Is there a way to open a second profile for her in desktop? alternatively is there an option to save to specified strava accounts rather than just to strava generic after a ride.

thanks for any advice
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager

Create an account for her on tacx cloud same as you did for yourself but with different sign in.. use her sign in for TDA when she wishes to train
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
bobetski
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

thanks Malcolm.

i have tried that but it gives her a 10 day free trial and trying to link strava returns an error that account already in use (I assume this is referring to the strava account and I need to find a way of setting her strava account to her cloud sign in).

I would like to be able to link her profile to my subscription otherwise we are paying double to use the same equipment for her to ride 3-4 times per month. This may sound picky but having spent the best part of £1500 To have full smart system with black deck and TTS4 advance and have it taken away 3 ys later the last thing I want is to pay double for a second house holder to have occasional use on the software we have been forced to use (which is more limited by the way).

Is there a way of doing this please.

Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Yes, you are correct that subscriptions are linked to the name on the cloud account.

So, one thing you can do after a ride is go into your Tacx cloud account and open the ride and save the particular activity in *.tcx format in a designated folder for each rider (there is a button in the upper ride had part of the page). You can also export the activity to Strava and then organize it using Strava. I'm not sure the in's and out's of having multiple users in Strava. The simplest approach is probably downloading tcx files and organizing them on your hard drive or personal cloud account. There are many tools and analyzers for tcx files.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
bobetski
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks Michael.

I will try this.

I was hoping she could auto upload to strava post- ride as it is less hassle but if Tacx/Garmin have not allowed 2 profiles per subscription for same household and pc/laptop/tablet, I will add it to the long list of limitations we have been dealt for the privilege of paying for something we already paid for previously.