TTS Version 2.0.2

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

Hansi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Denmark

Hi to all

I'm one of those who bought the TTS 4 Version and used it for the Fortius Trainer and for some reason not used it for a period.
I dicided to do a new install on my new laptop and to my surprise, I discovered that this is no longer possible...

So what to do now.

I read that it's only possible by going back to TTS 2?
I have bouth TTS 2.0.2 and the upgrade TTS 3.0. Is that possible?

And one more thing. It is written here - https://lunicus.org/tacx-trainers/fortius-software/ - that TTS works best with a XP installation, but my CD says - XP SP2 - Vista SP1 og Windows 7
Can I not install it on a PC with Windows 7?

Hope someone can help to make the best out of my Fortius Trainer.

Br. a sad guy from denmark
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Hansi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:44 pmI'm one of those who bought the TTS 4 Version and used it for the Fortius Trainer and for some reason not used it for a period. I dicided to do a new install on my new laptop and to my surprise, I discovered that this is no longer possible...
Tacx recently turned the license server back on but none knows for how long. I mention this because if you can still access TTS on the original computer, you should be able to export/deactivate the original license, thus allowing a fresh install on your new laptop.
Hansi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

It worked :P

Thanks alot
Hansi
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hi 2 all

I need to open my question again regarding installing TTS 2.0.2 from here on a Virtual Box with Win XP
I'd tried the Virtual Box guide, but under installation it fail to install Microsoft Net update and not able to start up.
Is it only me who has this issue? :paranoid:
Horn
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: South Africa

Hansi wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 pm Hi 2 all

I need to open my question again regarding installing TTS 2.0.2 from here on a Virtual Box with Win XP
I'd tried the Virtual Box guide, but under installation it fail to install Microsoft Net update and not able to start up.

Hi Hansi - I'm having the exact same issue on my Tacx Fortius trainer , I've installed VMWARE player, windows XP SP3, and TTS 202, update 203 and 204. if I click on the Fortius Icon I get the following errors.

Can someone please assist?
Attachments
Error3.JPG
Error3.JPG (29.37 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
error2.JPG
error2.JPG (33.93 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
Error1.JPG
Error1.JPG (33.33 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

In the Fortius Install folder, there is another folder called Support.

In there are drivers for .Net 1.1, ffdshow and dx90c - Install these and see if that helps.

Out of interest are you using a PC with an integrated graphics card?
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
aegis
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Horn wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm
Hansi wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:02 pm Hi 2 all

Hi Hansi - I'm having the exact same issue on my Tacx Fortius trainer , I've installed VMWARE player, windows XP SP3, and TTS 202, update 203 and 204. if I click on the Fortius Icon I get the following errors.

Can someone please assist?
I had a similar error with Fortius 2.02 on Virtualbox and Windows XP. The error is because Direct3D isn't supported.

To confirm, click on the start menu, click run, type dxdiag and press enter. In the display tab it'll tell you if Direct3D is available.

With VirtualBox on my Mac I had to downgrade VirtualBox to v6.0.20 as Oracle have removed WindowsXP DirectX 3D support in v6.1. Then set the amount of video RAM to 256MB. You may have to do this by editing the vbox config file or slide the number of monitors to 8 which also sets it to 256MB.

Then boot WindowsXP in safe mode by pressing F8 at startup. Add the VirtualBox additions CD and click on the installer, install Direct3D support. Reboot.

If you're upgrading Fortius 2.02 to 2.03/04 then you also need to edit Windows' hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\HOSTS in a text editor such as notepad. Add the line

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1    www.tacxvr.com
otherwise you get a blue screen forever as it tries to contact an old server.

I've only had my i-magic trainer a few days which someone more-or-less donated to keep me cycling during lockdown so still learning what's best. I've not tried the TTS 2.0.2 disk I've also got. I'll give that a go later. Also got a couple of ANT+ dongles inbound to try and get it working with the Antifier USB bridge and more modern software.