Anyone know how to 'copy' a TTS user from one computer to another

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike
USER_FLAG: United States of America

Since I don't think the license servers handle user data and the Bikenet servers are long gone, thus not possible to import an existing user, nor create a new one, does anyone recall the steps to 'copy' a TTS user from TTS on computer A to TTS on computer B?
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

if you are just wanting to copy yourself from one PC to another there is a data file amongst C:Windows/TacxTrainerSoftware/TTS4/Settings etc it is actually best to have a complete copy of TacxtrainerSoftware folder as It contains user data/ trainings/settings and importantly .lic file
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

Thanks Mal. I have licensed installs of TTS 4 on 3 computers (2 laptops and a desktop), but the wife's user profile was only downloaded on the desktop and one of the two laptops.
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Why not just create a new user with the same name and copy any history from the old computer. I've done that on three PCs last month without any issues - one of which is not connected to the internet at all.
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
ms6073
12" Bike
12" Bike

Can you switch users? Creating a new user and copying the applicable files would definitely be the best option but while I was phaffing about this past weekend trying to figure out what happened to the map on my Garmin Edge 1030, when I opened TTS, I was unable to recall how to add new users since I have not had to do that since I installed TTS 3. :D
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Spain

Anyone have a valid tts4.lic file ?

Thanks.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Kyke wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:12 am Anyone have a valid tts4.lic file ?

Thanks.
Not sure what you are asking or what you believe you need. You cannot simply copy a valid license file from one PC to a different PC and have it work. The license file is tied to a specific PC.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I already mentioned it in a previous post, I have my original CD/DVD and my TTS4 license but after a breakdown in my hard drive now it won't let me activate with my purchase number. Sorry Garmin service that has abandoned us. So I'm trying to find a way to use my roller (Fortius Player) with TTS4 again.

I don't know if this will be a solution but I don't know what to do anymore.
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

mcorn wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:33 pm
Kyke wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:12 am Anyone have a valid tts4.lic file ?

Thanks.
Not sure what you are asking or what you believe you need. You cannot simply copy a valid license file from one PC to a different PC and have it work. The license file is tied to a specific PC.

I already mentioned it in a previous post, I have my original CD/DVD and my TTS4 license but after a breakdown in my hard drive now it won't let me activate with my purchase number. Sorry Garmin service that has abandoned us. So I'm trying to find a way to use my roller (Fortius Player) with TTS4 again.

I don't know if this will be a solution but I don't know what to do anymore.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I think you may be out of luck. My understanding is the activation server is now off, so there is no way to activate TTS4 or transfer it from one PC to another.

You probably do not need to hear this, but you should have backed up your TTS4 folders in ProgramData. Had you done so, you probably could have reinstalled TTS4 on your new hard drive (but same computer) and then copied over those data folders, which contain the license information.

I am sure if others have any ideas, they will chime in.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
nzuraw
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Australia

Another method that worked for me is to clone the PC. I have two PCs using the same activation key (pre-activated before the servers went offline).

I keep my cloned image on my file server for emergencies or if I can get my hands on another cheap smart trainer
_______o
_____~\<,_
____(_)/ (_)
Train hard, ride easy
Kyke
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Garmin or Tacx may have the courtesy to reopen the TTS4 activation server at the time of the Coronavirus. Now that we have to spend weeks locked up at home, it would be a good idea to let us activate our licenses.
Malfukt
Team Manager
Team Manager
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Kyke wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:42 am Garmin or Tacx may have the courtesy to reopen the TTS4 activation server at the time of the Coronavirus. Now that we have to spend weeks locked up at home, it would be a good idea to let us activate our licenses.
I very much doubt that will be very high on their list of priorities... most likely highest on the list will be stemming the losses in profit to company shares :rolleyes:
Malcolm Armstrong.
United Kingdom