Tacx DVD video registration

Tacx Training Software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

robsie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

i bought a bundle of videos when Tacx were selling them off around the time of teh support annoucement.
Stupidly, I didnt activate all of them at the time. It wont let me do it now; Does anyone know of a hack around this?

Also, i am new to this site, but have spent more on Tacx videos since 2015 than I care to admit. If/as/when my dedicated W7 PC dies...does that mean my Tacx library dies too? Seems wrong somehow
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

robsie wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:30 am i bought a bundle of videos when Tacx were selling them off around the time of teh support annoucement.
Stupidly, I didnt activate all of them at the time. It wont let me do it now; Does anyone know of a hack around this?

Also, i am new to this site, but have spent more on Tacx videos since 2015 than I care to admit. If/as/when my dedicated W7 PC dies...does that mean my Tacx library dies too? Seems wrong somehow
There is a quite a bit of discussion of this topic on this forum, but the short answer is there is no way to register these videos in TTS any longer. Here is one of the longer threads on this topic, but there are more:

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=243

Here is a FAQ on transferring your licensed installation to another PC. I cannot personally verify that it works, but others have confirmed it. Do not wait until your old PC dies before at least backing up the necessary files and putting them in a safe place. Without these files, you cannot do it.

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=339
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
robsie
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

thANKS Michael
Ive saved the files as instructed
If we can no longer register the videos, we need to save the registration too
Do you happen to know where the registration key activation is saved?
Is it in the programdata or somewhere in the windows registry itself?

Has implications for how I back up

much apprciated
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

robsie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:19 am thANKS Michael
Ive saved the files as instructed
If we can no longer register the videos, we need to save the registration too
Do you happen to know where the registration key activation is saved?
Is it in the programdata or somewhere in the windows registry itself?

Has implications for how I back up

much apprciated
The license key is in C:\ProgramData\Tacx\TrainerSoftware\ - not the Registry. There are one or more *.lic files. The safest thing is to save all the folders as recommended as it makes restoration much easier.
Michael Corn
cannondale evo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

Therefore I always have an additional USB stick in the computer. so I can make a backup copy of the system after every ride ;-)
LeovanGaal
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Netherlands

Can I move TTS3 from one computer to another computer the same wa as you have described for TTS4?
SchneiderIS
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Is there anything known about how or where the license for the RLV (video's) are kept in order to transfer to a new machine?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

SchneiderIS wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:48 am Is there anything known about how or where the license for the RLV (video's) are kept in order to transfer to a new machine?
It is embedded in the same license file as the TTS program.
Michael Corn
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hello
Some of the video's still can be activated. It depending on the key buildup. During the off-line activation you get a message activation done. In the license information it will stay on activation required but:

It can be ridden without any problem

So it is depending on the key.
I have spent many hours on this issue and am pretty sure that II can also get the other keys to work.
MTB
SchneiderIS
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Can you provide more detail on this? What videos does this appear to work with and why do you think? Is there anything special you are doing that cause these to work?
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

As I posted before. Some of the keys still work and can be activated. I have a bunch and it works on the older 1956 coded video's and the blue ray 2056 range. I also tested a 2058 download video. No problems if the key has the right structure
If there is a way I can proof this: please tell me. I can show a picture with a recent newspaper and the registration successful message for example. Should be impossible with the registration server off-line !!!
As this can be done it means that there is no control from Tacx BV anymore and you might offend license agreements so I can't show you which keys work as they will be around internet.

I think it is better to force Tacx BV to put the license server online again because there is a backdoor in their software

I was agitated because I bought a lot DVD's in the sale which I didn't activate yet (no space left on my hdd for the Blue Rays (45Gb) Tacx only mentioned not supporting the software (due to win 10) but nothing about registration. I paid good money for those DVD's and Tacx BV is preventing me from using them on TTS4 so I think there is room for a legal case
That's why I spent some hours on this subject

MTB
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

By the way:
Some of the tested keys are from people who trusted me in transferring their win7 Tacx PC to W10. I have used their keys for educational purposes but will never ever post one of their keys.
mickyduck
First Bike with trainer wheels

going to try this tomorrow with Susans Videos ATM we have 2 PCs with TTS4 as there are different films registered on each of them... be good to get them all on one
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Not all the keys will work. From my 10 Blue Ray video's only 3 worked.

MTB
mickyduck

Did not work for me.. no problem I can run them Golden Cheetah . Thanks
MTB
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Don't give up that quick
I am working on a method so that you can use all the keys. I had all the films registered off-line (also non magic keys at my office but the TTS4 would not work with the NEO. Also key-less dvd's didn't work so I have to de-install everything or even to reinstall win7 to start over and check TTS4 before the registering.
I am only afraid for counter measurements from Tacx when I reveal the method.

MTB
mickyduck

Its Ok we wont tell them....
Ray-S
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Even if Tacx switched on the activation server for a few months to allow people to register their dvd codes before switching it off again it would help and be much better for customer relations.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

Ray-S wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm Even if Tacx switched on the activation server for a few months to allow people to register their dvd codes before switching it off again it would help and be much better for customer relations.
On again, off again is kind of a nightmare proposition for the company. Once they get on that merry-go-round, they will never get off. In addition, I doubt there is any kind of simple switch they can throw to turn on the servers. They are likely dismantled, so they would have to be reconfigured and put online.

It is better to do what I have suggested a number of times, which is just liberate the software on an as-is basis into the public domain like the old Fortius software. TTS will die of dementia/senility of its own accord and does not represent much of a threat to Garmin/Tacx's regular business. And at some point, a Windows 10 update will likely disable it anyway.
Michael Corn