TACX Fortius T1930 Compatibility

Information, tips and fun all about Rouvy software

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

cvolvo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Canada

Is the older TACX Fortius compatible with Rouvy? What is the preferred Operating System / hardware? I'd like to import my numerous GPS rides, with Google support. Although I can still load these into my TTS4, it lacks detail and only shows a 2D green plane.

I would like to hear of any similar experiences and whether additional hardware is required. I've been a casual user of TACX since 1999 and would like to re-use my existing TACX platforms with the least added cost, although I realize Rouvy requires a monthly subscription.

Thanks.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

cvolvo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 am Is the older TACX Fortius compatible with Rouvy? What is the preferred Operating System / hardware? I'd like to import my numerous GPS rides, with Google support. Although I can still load these into my TTS4, it lacks detail and only shows a 2D green plane.

I would like to hear of any similar experiences and whether additional hardware is required. I've been a casual user of TACX since 1999 and would like to re-use my existing TACX platforms with the least added cost, although I realize Rouvy requires a monthly subscription.

Thanks.
Rouvy requires a much newer "Smart" trainer, which means it has to have a Bluetooth or ANT+ interface. There are a couple of home brew workarounds to convert the older Tacx USB trainers like the Fortius to ANT+. They are Antifier and Fortiusant, which have been discussed on this forum:

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/search.ph ... mit=Search

https://www.lunicus.org/Forum/search.ph ... mit=Search
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
cvolvo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thank you Michael for the response. You are as helpful a resource as I recall on the old TACX Forum. Due to the limited use of my Fortius and my age, I'll just live with what still works with my TTS4 WIN7 dedicated configuration.

A few years ago I did experiment with the Android solution (TDA?), with an ANT dongle (i-Magic frame) but the results were problematic and not worth any further activity. I realize all current solutions seem to require a "smart" trainer. I may still try the 14 day Rouvy trial just to see what a non-smart trainer yields?

Cam
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

cvolvo wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:14 pm Thank you Michael for the response. You are as helpful a resource as I recall on the old TACX Forum. Due to the limited use of my Fortius and my age, I'll just live with what still works with my TTS4 WIN7 dedicated configuration.

A few years ago I did experiment with the Android solution (TDA?), with an ANT dongle (i-Magic frame) but the results were problematic and not worth any further activity. I realize all current solutions seem to require a "smart" trainer. I may still try the 14 day Rouvy trial just to see what a non-smart trainer yields?

Cam
Unfortunately, you won't be able to connect to Rouvy with your Fortius unless you somehow get Antifier or Fortiusant to work. If you were able to get Antifier or Fortiusant to work, you could also try Tacx Desktop App (TDA).

You are lucky to have a working version of TTS4. Be sure you back up the entire ProgramData files in case your PC fails and you have to do a reinstall. The ProgramData files contain the needed license files.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
cvolvo
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Hello Michael:

I guess this COVID crisis has changed the way we used to enjoy life? I did not give up, both with life and my attempts to find a suitable replacement for TTS 4.

At 73 I was not about to shell out thousands of (Canadian) dollars just to continue where TACX left off. Besides, I had invested enough with what had become an end of life TACX Fortius system. Well, in my attempt to find an economical solution, I have exceeded my expectations and given my old TACX system new life. I found a relatively unknown and unrecognized program that fully satisfies my personal indoor cycling objectives. It's a Spanish firm called BKOOL.

BKOOL has allowed me to accomplish what I've been wanting to do for over 20 years. TACX came closest with the TTS program's integration, but once they dropped StreetView on GPS rides, this essentially shut down my requirements. I have been figuratively stranded with only vintage RLVs and green screen GPS rides. I recently found another product that allows me to cycle using my TACX Fortius (also used in native mode with VR and RLV), with a speed and cadence sensor, on an Android platform, connected to an HDTV. In parallel, I bought a used Kurt Kinetics trainer, added their inRide sensor and now that configuration also connects to an Android and PC device. Best of all, I can convert many of my actual GPS rides (and some virtual) into BKOOL as 3D virtual rides. My next challenge is to integrate real video. So, for less than $200 Canadian and a $10 a month USD subscription I can resume my quest, where TACX left me in hiatus.

So my frugal attempts to join the world of "smart" trainers has materialized and literally put me back in the saddle(s) again and resume where TACX left me abandoned. BTW, the Garmin (TACX) training software would not allow any connection to either configuration and to add insult to injury, Garmin/TACX would not allow me to ride any of my personal GPS uploads unless I paid for a premium subscription for a trainer that had no (TACX) smarts.

There is life after COVID and TACX.

Cam