Tacx Vortex T1960 firmware update

Moderator: nzuraw

bluebucket
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Ireland

I have an old Vortex T1960 that has a solid amber light when switched on.
I believe this means it is in firmware update mode.

I downloaded the TTS4 software and the TacxUpdate.exe file works without a license file, thankfully :D.
This finds the trainer and then asks for a firmware file as it cannot find it on the internet.

My problem is finding the firmware file as every one I find on the internet is for the upgraded t2180. Does anyone have a file or know where I can find one?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

I have a folder with 6 older Vortex firmware files between 2013 and 2015. I had a T1965 which was the 110 volt version of the T1960. I am assuming it is compatible, but no guarantees. If you send me a personal email on this forum with your email address, I can send them to you. They are very small files.

Also, it is possible that the stuck yellow LED may be another problem.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
bluebucket
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

I'm pretty sure its the firmware. None of the info is showing up on the headunit when I peddle.

I've sent you an email with my email address.

Thanks
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

bluebucket wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:55 pm I'm pretty sure its the firmware. None of the info is showing up on the headunit when I peddle.

I've sent you an email with my email address.

Thanks
I sent it in a zip file along with some extra stuff. Let me know if you do not receive it.
Michael Corn
bluebucket
Balance Bike
Balance Bike

Thanks, I received it.

However nothing I've tried has worked. The update program from TTS 4 just errors out when using any of the firmware files and the prog you provided does not find the brake at all, although it did find the head unit.

I guess that's what happens when you leave it lying around for 2 years and then switch it on :(

I have contacted Garmin to see if they can help, but I'm not hopeful for that.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

bluebucket wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:18 am the prog you provided does not find the brake at all, although it did find the head unit.
So, the update program that I sent has instructions that are not perfect, but if you were able to follow it and your ANT dongle was able to communicate with the head unit, that tells me you figured out how to use the program. If the test program is unable to communicate with the brake, it suggests the electronic board is bad. Even if the firmware was somehow corrupted, the program should at least see the brake.

I don't think it was possible to replace the electronic package on your brake with a newer Smart unit. I think the whole brake would have to be replaced. But in any event I am pretty that these are not available anyway due to stock shortages. You might find a used brake somewhere that is the same as yours, but frankly the non-Smart electronics are now so outdated, it would not be worth hardly anything.
Michael Corn