Tacx App - two issues: Lost activity and Garmin Connect Sign In

Tacx Desktop Application for PC, IOS and Android

Moderators: nzuraw, mcorn

torbens
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

Quite a long subject line - sorry

1) Last night when saving an activity, the saving stopped at 48% and simply stopped and is not showing up anywhere - is the activity lost?

2) When trying to manage my profile I am redirected to cloud.tacx.com and then this "circle" shows up, going round and round. After a while another picture shows up "Tacx App Intergrates with Garmin Connect". Then I choose "continue" and I am then asked asked to use my Garmin account to sign in. I have signed 20 times now - getting mad....

Any good solutions?
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs
USER_FLAG: United States of America

For now, try clicking "I don't want to connect my accounts right now" instead of Continue.
Michael Corn
Bellingham, Washington, USA
torbens
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Norway

I have done that for now - but then all the films in the App are locked (a petty, as I have already paid)
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

torbens wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:59 pm I have done that for now - but then all the films in the App are locked (a petty, as I have already paid)
I have not seen my films locked yet, but honestly, they have made a real mess of this.
Michael Corn
thebigoneinfront
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

torbens, the integration worked ok for me yesterday and I rode an RLV today without issues. Have you connected your Tacx and Garmin accounts or just tried to log into TDA with your Garmin login data?

The Tacx Apps team posted they have server issues today.
StewartClark2002
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Great Britain

Had similar issues. Linked TDA to my Garmin account but then when logging in via Garmin all videos were padlocked - despite having a premium account. Managed to log in using my Tacx account and videos are then available. Contacted support and awaiting a response.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

I did not have any trouble starting TDA or accessing my videos this afternoon, but I continued to bypass the link option. I will wait a bit longer before trying that.
Michael Corn
thebigoneinfront
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Germany

There have been updates to TTA and TDA yesterday, too. Of course, I don't know whether these are part of the solution, part of the problem or unrelated. The number of folks that are happy again with the Tacx Apps seems to have risen since yesterday, judging from the FB Tacx Apps discussion. So it seems things work out now or at least start to work out.

I agree that letting that integration go live a week before Christmas and when everyone's on their indoor trainers anyhow may have been a tad too courageous by Garmin folk. I still have a working TTS installation, so I needn't much courage to try. Direct export from TTS/TDA to Connect was a dream of mine ever since TTS offered automatic export to Strava. Single glitch for me yesterday was that Connect didn't export the RLV name to Sporttracks.
mcinner1
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Austria

I have had a Garmin Connect account for many years. The switch from Tacx to Garmin registration went smoothly.

Yesterday I rode with the new versin of TDA without problems. What I noticed was:
-Cycle of info panel with shortcut <I> does not work anymore. (All other shortcuts are ok)
-It‘s not possible anymore to increase the difficult over 100% (no problem for me)

Since I only tested the new version, I did not save the ride. Hopefully the tcx-file is still available.

Contra:
This huge pause screen is a pita. I would like to be able to stop and see the landscape :tear:

EDIT:
just saved a ride. Although „tcx e-mail download“ is checked in setup - no more tcx file downloadable anymore. But the ride is uploaded to Garmin Connect automatically and it includes all data. Can be downloaded from there - if needed.
strapabiro
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Hungary

Hello,
Ran into this forum on my rage search on google. Nice place.
I have the same issue, but I could finish the ride and after i hit save activity and returned me to the main menu as usual, a small popup announced that the activity couldn't be uploaded.
Few restarts, battlecries, logins ang logouts later, today's activity is not showing up on tda dashboard, cloud dashboard, strava and garmin connect.
My accounts are merged. (The only weird thing is both accounts (garmin connect / tacx) were created with the same e-mail address, the garmin in the old fashioined "create account" way and the tacx account was created through the "log me in with google i'm lazy" way. I'm pretty sure they are having a hard time sorting this out.)
I already did a few activities with my chromebook (android) and was fine (because that time i couldnt even log into the tda).
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the post, i believe the problems are similar.
Can somebody confirm if my ride is lost completely or not?
I searched in c:/program files/windowsapp/tacx folder but the ms store app structure is weird and couldn't find any *tcx file sadly.
Looks like MS is closing in in Apple with the fancy locked down design language.
Cheers.
Biro
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

This is probably not helpful, but my advice and practice is to delay merging accounts for a while until things seem to be settled down and stable.

We had a ride not save a week or two ago when we lost an Internet connection before the ride was due to be saved. However, the next time we opened TDA with an Internet connection, it saved. So, I do think that in most cases TDA has a mechanism for safeguarding activities before they are saved on the cloud. But that may not work in all cases.
Michael Corn
strapabiro
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Hungary

Just checked back to say the activity showed up the next day, so yeah there is a built-in mechanism which is protecting the activity in case of a failed sync.
Is there a possibility to turn off the opponents in the TDA? I mean it's cool and thank you tacx but watching somebody who is way ahead to catch up, it's kind of silly and useless. I'm looking for a slider something 'turn off opponents' because downloading the movie and disconnecting the internet is too 1999 (for me). Cheers guys thanks for everything, hopefully this merge thing will sort itself out, happy new year and a merry christmas from transylvania.
mcorn
Directeurs Sportifs
Directeurs Sportifs

strapabiro wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:49 pm
Is there a possibility to turn off the opponents in the TDA? I mean it's cool and thank you tacx but watching somebody who is way ahead to catch up, it's kind of silly and useless. I'm looking for a slider something 'turn off opponents' because downloading the movie and disconnecting the internet is too 1999 (for me).
If you open your cloud account (click "My Activities" on the TDA Dashboard) and then open "Manage Profile", there is a box under Privacy for turning on or turn off the live opponents feature. It would be more convenient if that setting was in TDA itself.
Michael Corn
hpezelj
Balance Bike
Balance Bike
USER_FLAG: Croatia

today i did an ftp test for 45 minutes and when i finished it the TDA was supposed to calculate the ftp. after 5-10 minutes an error occurred, the ftp test file with the data was not saved. the last few days i have had problems logging in to the TDA. a couple of days ago I noticed that the last two workouts I made myself (I imported the gpx file) had the same problem. after half of the workout, the wrong simulation on the trainer (tacx flow smart) started. when I needed to go down it looked like I was climbing on the trainer, and when I needed to climbing it looked like I was going down. in fact, the simulation was delayed by a few minutes. so far I have had no problems with workouts I made myself. I watch the tire pressure and clean the trainer before each ride. I drove a tacx ride yesterday and there was no problem. so far everything was ok for me until it started about ten days ago with a garmin account. maybe they transfer the data to their server, so there are problems because of that, but I don't have a time for their transition and I don't have a time to deal with tacx software (TDA). i will use other software(zwift, fulgaz...), maybe one day when garmin solves the problems i try the tacx software again.

thanks to the people on the forum for the tips, I will continue to read this forum. merry christmas to those who celebrate it and all the best and lots of miles on the bike in 2021.
Hrvoje Pezelj
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe